Monday, August 16, 2010

Work=Reward

I had a lot of catching up this Monday after a very busy weekend. We were away most of the time so needless to say that everything was neglected.



I wont show you the rest of the house cause it's pretty bad. But with all this work ahead of me, I wanted to take advantage of the last bit of summer we have, so I told Ave "lets make a chore list"

"If we finish our chores and cross them off we can reward ourselves and do something fun today". So I got right to work doing as much as I could in the three hours I knew we had before we needed to be at our fun spot. Ave only took 2 1/2 hours to clean her room. I'm guessing that the 7 dwarfs were in need of her attention and Cinderella needed a dress mended. I reminded her that if our chores weren't done we wouldn't be able to play outside the house today. Her room was clean in 20 minutes.


Everything was marked off our check list excluding my dip, which I will share with you in a bit. So off we went.

One of our favorite spots to spend in the summer.

While she slept, I prepared my snack to take to a birthday party.

Last on the list.
Spicy Guacamole


3 med ripe Avocados diced
1 clove garlic minced fine
1 med tomato seeded & diced
1/2 lime juiced
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 cup chives minced
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
1 Tb crushed red pepper flakes(or for your own spicy tastings)
salt & pepper to taste

Put everything in a bowl, mix and mash just slightly and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
* Make a double batch if your taking it somewhere cause it goes really fast*

The dip was a hit and were home to check in.

I'm off to bed and I'll have to say, after a full day, I'm so glad I get to walk into my clean room and climb into my made bed.

And do it all over tomorrow again.





1 comment:

  1. Where is that swim park? It looks so amazing!

    I'm loving your blog...so adorable. Is Ave available to come clean my house?

    ReplyDelete