Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back in the Valley

The food is put away, the laundry is going, my dog is bathed and I'm officially home. Four days and three nights doesn't feel like enough time to be called a vacation but it was. It was just enough time to let go of routine, and some responsibility. It was just enough time to appreciate the scenery and the beauty of family.


I was without my computer for three days........thought you should know.


I made sure to journal like I said, and paid much attention to resting and taking it easy in the kitchen.


Here is a little glimpse into our weekend and a couple recipes from some of my favorite foodie friends.








This is about as close as we got to a snow park. I'm pretty sure their contemplating whether or not it's worth their time. 





Sharing a nice glass of Organic Syrah. Mmmmm
Taters and homemade bread




I have decided that I'd rather have both eyes poked out before I play another game of scrabble.
Nutella cream pie  If you love Nutella, you will love this pie. The texture is very creamy. 


I'm not sure which was funnier, watching my husband ice skate, or me landing smack on my keister. 






Pecan Pie Martini
Watch out for this martini, it's deceiving with it's sweet silky flavor. YUM!
Barbecue chicken pizza





Probably the highlight of my weekend was simply just resting. Oh, and Ice skating. And being with my besties. And my family. Did I leave anything out?


Did I mention I was without my computer for three full days? Well I was. And it was kind of nice. I actually watched a couple movies. Okay I fell asleep through one of them, but I can't tell you the last time I napped in the afternoon. I can't tell you the last time I went to bed before ten, or ate chips for lunch. 




We're home to our comforts, our routines and our rusty old bed. 


That's OK!




I feel rested and blessed.













9 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a really good time and the food looks fabulous! Next time you'll have to try Bananagrams instead of Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a great time. We do the same thing when we go on vacation. Totally unplug. Nothing! You have to do that or you won't feel totally rested after the trip. Great pictures and so nice to hear you had a fun time!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I need vacation at lest over the weekend:)) Looks like you guys had a great time?!
    Photos are just amazing, and food, well always stunning and tasty! Good to have you back, miss your posts late at night!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SandraI missed my posts late at night:) Glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy families, lovely to see happy face faces :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that Nutella cream pie looks amazing! Love all your family photos too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time was had by all! Fabulous friends and food always go so well together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time! Those taters look like they belong on my dinner table! I'll trade you scrabble for go fish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I like short trips, just enough time to relax, Love the nutella pie too! Hope you are having a great week.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete