Wednesday, February 2, 2011

For the kiddo in you

It's time to say goodbye......


Only for a few days. We are heading over the mountain tomorrow and I'm sadden to have to leave you all behind. Though you wont be far from my mind, I will be thinking of you when I make pecan pie martinis and Nutella cream pie. (Thanks lady's) I don't have the luxury of a wireless port wherever I go,  so I'll keep you dear in my heart.  Maybe the house in the woods will have wireless connection~


Maybe not.


I'm hoping to spend some time in solitude and catching up on my journaling. Of course spending time with my family and making memories with friends. Cooking will be on the agenda but we've decided not to outdo ourselves but rather just have fun and keep things as simple as possible. 


I'm a little under the weather too, so here on the home front has been rather bleak as most nights consist of toast and bean burritos. Lucky for you though, I stashed away a recipe from last week that seems most appropriate for this weeks upcoming event. Kiddo friendly of course. Or rather, the kiddo in you.




Don't call these Chicken McNuggets.


These aren't a mystery. Their made with real quality chicken. Their not fried, their baked. And the crunchy topping is scrumptious and full of flavor.


Their delicious and totally easy!










The process
























Crunchy Baked Chicken Nuggets(serves 4-6)


Ingredients


2  boneless skinless chicken breast cut in nugget size pieces
2 cups flavored potato chips(I used Lays baked southwestern ranch)
2 eggs beaten


Directions


Preheat oven to 400


Place chips in food processor and pulse until fine. Place in shallow dish. Beat two eggs and place in shallow dish. Put all the chicken pieces in egg to coat evenly. Let excess drip off and place in chip crumbs, coating both sides well. Place on cooling rack until finished with the rest. On large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, coat with cooking spray; lay down chicken nuggets. Spray the top of nuggets with cooking spray and bake for 12 minutes. Turn nuggets over and bake another 10 minutes or until golden and no longer pink in middle. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. 








I hope you all have a safe and blessed week, and for all you Super Bowl fans......


Eat well!



16 comments:

  1. Ang,

    These look so good I think I am going to have to make these soon, I also really love that there not MYSTERY meet:) These are the real deal!! have a great weekend and I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Ang! Love how you made them healthier! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love homemade chicken nuggets! I used crushed croutons as my coating...but chips sound even better! Enjoy your time in the woods...and feel better soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade nuggets are the best!! Have a wonderful, relaxing, offline time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potato chip breaded chicken is so good! I love that salty, crispiness. Have fun and do some relaxing for me on your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Southwestern bbq chips on chicken? Sounds awesome! I don't think I've ever eaten a chicken mcnugget, I've always been a little weirded out by their general um, being. These are fantastic and I know my little girl will love them. I bet you could put the same crumb mix on chicken drumsticks, I might because my son is a little neanderthal who likes to eat chicken on the bone. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so easy and yummy! Thanks for this great recipe. Enjoy your trip ya...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so much better than the chicken nuggets of my childhood! Thank you for sharing such a fun and unique recipe. Stay safe and warm and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound kind of amazing, especially with those chips! Thanks for sharing. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea using the potato chips... these look awesome! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great time, a safe trip, and that you are feeling better soon!! Another great recipe!! :)
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the use of the baked lays! Genius! These definitely sound really good! Have a great and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! My kiddos love homemade chicken nuggets and this would be a great change up!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ang, just dropping by again to let you know that I posted about your butternut squash and black bean chili today. It was sooooo good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! My kids will totally dig these! And healthy? please don't tell them that or they won't eat it!

    ReplyDelete