Friday, September 24, 2010

7 Days

I know I vented to at least a couple of you about my internet issues i've had the past 7 days.(I've been without) In my attempt to save money and cut back on things we really don't need, we actually spent more money just trying to change a simple one line phone connection. We don't have a home phone anymore, however, high speed 7.2 is a must according to my wonderful husband. My intentions were good in eliminating our extra bills. His intentions were good in making the downloading process much quicker. Myself.....I could care less. But sometimes it's not the point, but to rather do what you can in reason to please your spouse. (don't even go there!)

So here I am, 7 days later writing to you, (whomever it may concern) with so much to say, but only a 4 year olds nap time to do it in.
The week was full with school, work, and the endless house chores, but lookennn good I might say. Plenty of time spent in the car, and lots of cooking.

Many of these 7 days started like this

and ended with this.
So crispy cold that was. But while the computer clearly for me is a go to for Everything, I was surprised in my anger of not having it, just how much I got done, and how much I rely way to much on it. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm back in full force, and while the time was really quite nice, my addictions to write, and doodle around are going strong.
Do things in moderation I say. (actually the bible says so, and that it loves you too:) But really, can you think of one thing that would be hard to give up for a week, and not be forced too? It's harder than you think. Call it a fast, or a break in the routine, with a positive outlook, and good purpose the time could be really liberating and well worth it.

She seemed to think so and went right along with the mishap in deep thought.

Let me see........
 I'll call my people,
Uh huh,
Great! Thanks Mr. N.O.B.O.D.Y

If it's not broke, don't fix it! Solution
Your so smart Ave, why didn't I think of that? :|

I can't leave you today without giving you a recipe in my last 7 days. I have three meals to share with you over the course of the next 5 days. One made with meat, and the other made vegetarian. Although you can substitute the meat one, which I'll share now, with Tofu.

Slow Cooker Indian Stew

2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
(or 8 oz firm tofu drained & cut in cubes)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
2 14-oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained (to make sauce fresher, I used the fresh tomatoes I had and reduced them down to about 2 1/2 cups worth and eliminated the caned tomatoes)
1 cup good quality chicken stock(or vegetable stock)
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Hot cooked brown or white rice
To substatute the canned tomatoes I chopped about 4-5 medium sized tomatoes, put them in a sauce pan, add a little salt to taste and reduce down about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly coat your 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add diced chicken,(or diced tofu)onion, and garlic.
 Add curry, ginger, salt, and pepper.
Stir to coat, and add beans, tomatoes, chicken stock,(or vegetable stock) and bay leaf.
Stir lightly again, and cover on high-heat 4-5 hours, or low-heat 8-10 hours.

Stir lime juice into fully cooked stew along with spinach and cilantro.
Let stand 2-3 minutes to wilt leaves a bit, and serve over your favorite rice.
This is the perfect dish for those of you who like a little heat.(it's not for wusses)

Some really great things can happen when your pleasures are taken away, and it usually affects the people you love most in your life.












0 comments:

Post a Comment