Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sundays

The day begins with hot coffee, a little quiet time, and lots of thoughts and ideas for my day. You see; Sunday is one of those days I look forward too. Hot breakfast, morning church, a late lunch, and possibly a nap. It's a bitter sweet thing though because it also means last day of the weekend, back to school, work, chores, and exercising. My husband actually calls it BTW.(back to work) Aside from that it's just a good day to be excused from our daily expectations, within reason. 


This morning I woke up with everyone still asleep tip toeing through the house to at least start my coffee. 7:00 a.m. came to quickly though as it is the lucky time in which my daughter can join me for reading, quiet time, or Curious George. She quickly wants us to engage with her the lyrics and song of the cute little monkey, while standing and swaying our arms in the air. This is the part where the excused of the daily expectations within reason comes into play. Breakfast comes soon after, then bath if need be and off to church.


My second family they are. I love feeling part of a community of ordinary people with extraordinary lives and testimonies. We all have our own story, and our own way of living, but have the commonality to do the best we can to live for God, and bless others. I also feel that sense of family community when my daughter has been discipled and not just babysat.


Home again, I settle quickly in my sweats, while Avery settles into dress up and far away land. This day though she has a friend, so I'm off the hook to role play prince charming, or snow white. Justin is swiftly working on RC crap stuff, or potentially thinking about the next project that Lowe's might be of help with, while I toss around lunch ideas, but today settle on....... Recipe # 3. The last of my three potential vegetarian meals that I will most definitely make again.


Mushroom & Poblano,
Vegetarian Enchiladas


6 oz, firm tofu
1 small poblano pepper
Olive oil
1 8-oz pkg, sliced cremini mushrooms
1 tsp, ground cumin
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded three cheese Mexican blend
8 corn tortillas
Extra toppings(tomatoes, chopped chives, sour cream, & taco sauce)


Drain tofu, cut in cubes and set on paper towel to soak up moisture.

Press ever so slightly with another paper towel to absorb extra moisture.

Steam and seed poblano, and cut in strips.

In medium skillet heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add tofu, peppers, mushrooms, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt. 




Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms and peppers are tender, turning occasionally.

Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese.


Pull off heat, and preheat broiler. With nonstick spray coat 9*13-inch baking dish. Wrap tortillas in dampened paper towels and microwave 30 seconds or until warm and softened.

Fill each tortilla with some mixture, and place seam side down in baking dish.


Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on enchiladas and broil 4-5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly turned color.


Top with your favorite toppings, and feed it to your kids and there friends cause they'll love it!



Or at least these two will.

Sunday will come all to fast again with the same expectations only Sundays can have. A little of this or that, but most important, use it the best way a Sunday should be used. Resting, being with family or friends, and making really yummy meals. 

That's my kind of Sunday anyway.

































1 comment: