Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I love you no matter what"

I know I'm not the only one to use a old desk top computer to satisfy my posting addictions. The last couple days it's been shutting down, and freezing up, so I know it must be a sign that I need the new "Apple". Right? Justin couldn't agree more; that I have an addiction, and that just to post tonight was a do or die if I couldn't. My mom is here with her fancy lap top so I pulled all sorts of strings to make sure my fingers were typing in this late hour. I asked Justin what I should title this post and he said "I love you no matter what". How sweet I know. Actually his first choice of title was "I had to blog so bad tonight that I couldn't spend time with my family". I'll have you know I'm sitting at my kitchen island listening and answering everything my family needs. Tell me I'm not the only one.

Enough of that already. Lets get to the point!



I'm having a party soon so my Sister and I(not allowed to say bffwanted to test run some of the appetizers to see what's a go and what's not. Her mom and her were a huge help, and encouraged me to relax and have fun. I don't mess around when I throw a party.  Everything was great though and nobody noticed that I didn't flat iron my hair.





I had my favorites of course, but mostly just enjoyed making the food, getting together, and sharing some laughs.

Also I can't leave out the refreshing champagne cocktails made by Amy. Her very own preserves and they were delicious.



So as I close this post and get back to my family I need to leave you with this scrumptious starter for all occasions, maybe thanksgiving, or Christmas perhaps, or just make them and eat them.





The process









Tuscan stuffed mushrooms:

Ingredients(inspired by Giada)

1/2 cup diced jarred roasted red bell peppers
1/2 cup diced pitted green olives(I got mine in the Olive bar at the grocery store)
1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
2 scallions, diced
2 Tb extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400

In a medium bowl mix together the roasted peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet place the mushrooms, cavity side up. Spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms. Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.

Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve. Yum!!

As I pry my fingers from the convenience of this computer, I know weather or not I get to post tomorrow, my family loves me know matter what.



They seemed pretty concerned with my absence.



1 comment: